Reviving old recipes is like falling in love for the second time. I completely forgot about this delicious macro bowl until I was sorting through some old posts of mine. Great for any weather - it can be served warm or cool - perfect for whichever coast (or anywhere in between) you may live.
- 2 kale leaves, deveined and shredded
- ¾ cup cauliflower florets
- 2x garlic cloves, freshly pressed
- Himalayan sea salt, to taste
- Cracked black pepper
- ¼ cups mung bean sprouts, rehydrated or cooked
- ¼ Avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 purple carrot, peeled and shredded
- Olive oil
- 3 oz chicken breast, grilled or lightly sautéed
Steam cauliflower florets until tender in a microwave or on stovetop. Meanwhile massage shredded kale with a drizzle of olive oil and place in bowl. Toss with pressed garlic garlic, sea salt and pepper.
Arrange steamed cauliflower, mung beans and chicken on a plate with shredded carrots, avocado and garnish with cilantro. Enjoy!
*To preserve enzyme function and vitality of the sprouted mung beans, keep them raw by rehydrating them for 2 hours in water. If in a time crunch, cook for 5 minutes on stovetop and let sit covered for an additional 5 minutes.