Better weather reminds me why I eat so many salads during the summer - my kitchen becomes somewhat unbearable with heat on heat and I become lazier as I want to spend less time cooking and more time playing. This cauliflower recipe is amazing. It's not only delicious but it can be dressed up with meat for a paleo style meal or with pulsed walnuts and hemp seeds for a vegan friendly treat. Either way, you're winning.
Even if you're 'cooking' for one I recommend making the entire recipe - you will be very happy with your delicious leftovers.
- 1 head cauliflower, florets removed
- 1/2 bulb fennel
- 3 radishes
- 2-3 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 bunch of flat-leaf parsley, stems removed and chopped (at least 1/4 cup chopped)
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, stems removed (at least 1/4 cup chopped)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice from fresh lemon
- Himalayan sea salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Pulse cauliflower in food processor or vitamix on #2 speed. If you want to skip this step you can also find these pre-pulsed from your grocery store.
- With a hand-held mandoline, slice the radishes and fennel bulb on the thinnest setting.
- Combine all of the chopped vegetables and herbs and toss with lemon juice and spices
- Serve topped with eggs or enjoy with pulsed walnuts and hemp seeds if vegan
- Bon Appetit!